Friday, November 16, 2007

Almost Homework


Our pastel class will not be meeting again until January, and during the next two months our teacher, Marsha Savage, has assigned homework! This is my first effort in completing the assignment to use middle values only. The Ginkgo is my very favorite tree, and the leaves in Autumn are spectacular. From a distance, the leaves are an incredible buttery yellow. Up close, they reveal many beautiful colors. I managed to complete the painting without values 9 and 10 but unconsciously found myself using value 1 for highlights. Guess I'll have to try again.

5 comments:

sherrybella said...

beautiful colors...it looks abstract from my viewpoint...i like the way your image is composed.
good job.
sherry

bug said...

Thank Sherry. Your comment means that I can also count it for the "abstract" painting that we are also to complete for homework! I've been puzzling about that one.....

Karen said...

Beautiful Jayne, I agree with Sherry....this can be an abstract! I love it!
Karen

Marsha Hamby Savage said...

I love this one -- and it does look abstract when first looking at it. But . . . you can only use one painting per assignment!

bug said...

Thanks, Marsha. Actually the Ginko painting started out to meet the assignment to use only middle values. Now I've "reassigned" it to the one for a "high key" painting.

So, everyone can see how tough you are! And I thought we were having a break....