Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A different kind of art


Holly and I just participated in a wonderful 2-day collage workshop with Paula Van Huss, a wonderful artist in both watercolor and art collage. We played with paint and papers like pre-schoolers, having so much fun and learning lots of new techniques. The only element missing was our VIP partner, Karen! These are the 3 collages which I finished; now that I have had some practice and inspiration, I will be completing more, hopefully using the little bits of paper, flotsam and jetsom I've been hoarding over the years.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

sherrybella said...

love that collage jayne. you are doing great work. i have been looking at your work. you are growing.
sherry

bug said...

Thanks, Sherry. The collages are very freeing and so much fun. Holly and I started new ones yesterday, and our minds are just full of ideas. Wish you were close enough to play with us!

Lauren said...

Your work is beautiful! I do collages to relax sometimes but they never turn out that pretty. I guess I'll stick with the photography instead!

bug said...

Thanks, Lula. They are relaxing, aren't they? Since you are a photographer, I'm sure you have encountered the many ways of incorporating them into your collages. I'm trying out different methods of transfers; the challenge never ends!