Sunday, January 6, 2008

Fantasy Forest, etc.


The colorful cows live in this fantasy forest; where else could they live? These two little paints were just a fun exercise completed on a surface prepared with gesso and acrylic paint.
I took this photo of a grackle last summer when Karen, Holly and I traveled to Harbor Island. Since Karen painted a beautiful cedar waxwing today, and Holly painted a lovely bird nest, I had to paint something avian as well. I liked this bird's stance.











More than anything, I would love to paint beautiful trees. However, I seem to have a mental block against being able to do so and have avoided the homework assignment to paint trees. Today I finally decided to give it a try with this little Maple dressed for Fall.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

CAROL cmcpaints@aol.com said...

Jayne,
I really like this one. Keep it up!!
Carol

bug said...

Thanks, Carol. It's fun to try out new approaches; I do plan to keep trying different ones.

Karen said...

Jayne,
I love all of these! You have really been productive during vacation!!! I have 'Tagged' you! Visit my blog to see what that is all about.
Karen

bug said...

Thanks, Karen. Vacation is almost over! Now we'll really have to work. Your pears are great, by the way; wasn't that a fun exercise?

Now, you will reveal for the world to see the extent of my computer ignorance. I have no idea how to proceed with the "tagging"; ie., I don't know how to "link with my tagger", etc.
You know that if you give me a computer assignment, that means you will have to help me do it!