Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Waiting for the Museum to Open

Holly and I were anxious to see the Celebrating Georgia Women Artists show at the Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art, especially as Karen won first place in Pastels! We arrived to find the Museum not yet open, so we had time to spare. Naturally, our first thought was of coffee and food. So we went to Sugar Cakes, a wonderful Patisserie on the Marietta Square. The pastries were so beautiful that we had to photograph them for painting and did just that today. As you can see, I love Bran Muffins! Check Holly's blog to see her favorite.

And, Karen, all our congratulations. We used some of your techniques from your class demonstration to start our food paintings. Of course, we strayed away, but that's another story......
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

HOLLY'S ART said...

Yum! The painting is delicious!!!

bug said...

Thanks. I never thought I would choose food based upon how challenging it would be to paint rather than how it might taste! Next time, it's cookies or cheesecake for me!

And where is your yummie fruitie thing? I'm watching your blog!

Karen said...

Love the muffin!!!! I guess you would believe it if I showed you all of the coffee and pastry pix I took at the place where we ate breakfast before the cruise!!! I actually was gonna paint my cake ...but I will have to wait now! lol
Karen

bug said...

Thanks, Karen. Sounds like we're all in an eating and painting frenzy. I'll be watching your blog for the cake to appear.